1/13/2009

DPS and Raiding: My Take

The little red arrow tells me that Thrall is currently non-existent for me to be able to mess with things in-game, so I thought that I could spend some time thinking about my performance for raiding. To burn the time I clicked on over to Elitist Jerks for some reading material. There are a few different opinions as to how to accomplish the task of attaining higher raid DPS, and I might follow a few of them. One of the theories is to drop talents from Nature's Reach, to be able to put the points into other, more DPS oriented talents. The only issue I have with dropping the talents from NR is that if done, I would lose the 30% threat reduction that it gives me. I'm not sure how much I might actually want or need that for raiding. I currently DO have it, and am not experiencing any issues with managing my threat. There are also lots of talk regarding the issue of mana and going /oom, but I have found that for the most part, if there is at least one Shaman, or sPriest, or a combo of those, or anything else that gives any sort of mana buffing that my mana is not really a problem. I might test out moving my points around to see where I can take things and improve my DPS, just to see what I can do.

*Edit* I might go with this talent spec to see what its like.

No comments:

Post a Comment